Great News! The Utah Department of Health has given approval for dental offices to begin seeing patients for non-emergency care within specific social distancing guidelines. Effective April 22, 2020 we will once again begin accepting appointments for your child’s routine, non-emergency dental care within these new social distancing procedures in order to keep everyone safe.
Essentially, you and we will both need to follow strong social distancing practices, but we can get your child in for the dental care they need.
What It Means for Your Next Visit
Here’s a quick summary of what it means to you and your child. These guidelines are based on requirements we have received from the Utah Department of Health. While they are inconvenient for us all, we must implement them as outlined here to remain in compliance with the law and help keep the COVID-19 recovery going.
- We will accept appointments for non-emergency care beginning April 22, 2020.
- Priority will be given to patients who previously signed our priority list, and those in greatest need of immediate attention.
- We will be extending our office hours in order to accommodate the many patients who have been unable to visit us over the past 4-6 weeks.
- We will also extend appointment availability for orthodontic patients.
Social Distancing Process – Pediatric Smiles and Braces Team
- Our providers and team members will wear masks at all times.
- We will continue to disinfect surfaces you and your child are exposed to, such as door handles, countertops, chairs, etc. This is in addition to standard sanitizing of all dental operatory equipment and surfaces.
- We will limit the use of the waiting room. Patients and their guardians will be walked directly from the front door to the dental treatment room, after a quick screening test. We have also removed all toys, magazines and books from the waiting room as required.
Social Distancing Process – You and Your Child
- You and your child may be asked to wear a facemask during your time in our office except for your child during the time of his/her dental treatment.
- Only one person may accompany your child to the appointment.
- Waiting room use will be limited. Our procedure is for you to wait in your car in the parking lot and call or text our front desk as you arrive for your appointment. Our staff will alert you when your child’s patient care room is ready and will meet you and your child at the front desk check in point. You will be quickly screened (see next point) and then escorted directly to the treatment room with limited time in the waiting room.
- You and your child will each be quickly screened. This includes taking your temperature and answering a short questionnaire regarding any COVID-19 symptoms experienced by you or a member of your household or residence.
- If the screening test reveals a concern of possible COVID-19 exposure, we will ask you to reschedule and return when symptoms or risk factors have reduced for you and your family.
We are excited to begin serving you and your children again. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by our requirement to operate under continued COVID-19 social distancing restrictions. However, we are committed to working within the requirements as specified by the Utah Department of Health, and are grateful that our state is at the leading edge of returning to normal life.
Please call us immediately with any questions or concerns about your upcoming appointment, or any urgent needs.
Pediatric Smiles and Braces Team
Orem Office Sandy Office