In a ‘normal’ year, at this stage of summer parents would be gearing up with back-to-school routines for their children. While this year’s return to school may be anything but routine, your child’s dental heath shouldn’t be compromised by COVID-driven interruptions.
Annual exams are an important part of maintaining your child’s long-term dental health at optimum levels. A regular checkup can identify and resolve issues before they become painful, expensive problems. And, it’s a great time for your child to receive valuable input from a pediatric specialist in a fun, supportive environment.
For example, you or your child may be interested to know things like:
- What is the worst possible snack food for a child’s teeth?
- What other snacks are especially bad for children’s teeth?
- Is it OK to chew gum?
- Should preschoolers have a dental exam as well?
We’re Open for All Appointments
With easing of COVID-19 restrictions in our area, we are open for all types of appointments for your child. Regardless of how the return to the classroom shapes up for the fall, now is a great time to get your children in for a checkup.
Depending on your child’s specific needs, a pediatric dental appointment might include:
- Routine dental health exam
- X-rays if necessary
- Brushing and hygiene instruction
- Watching your favorite movie plus a balloon to take home!
Additionally, your dentist may recommend other options such as:
- Fillings or other preventive measures
- Sealants. This is one of the best kept secrets in children’s dentistry, with the potential to significantly reduce the need for major dental procedures later. Be sure and ask your dentist about this option.
- Orthodontic planning. Our pediatric practice includes the full spectrum of children’s dentistry, including orthodontics. As part of your child’s annual exam, the dentist can consult with our in-house orthodontic specialist regarding the potential needs and best timing for braces for your child. When that time comes, braces become a seamless part of your child’s dental health plan in an office they have grown to know and trust.
Any Emergency, Any Time
Children sometimes have dental emergencies at the most inconvenient times. We understand that. It’s why we provide 24/7 emergency service to take care of any critical needs that may come up.
Dialing the emergency number puts you in touch directly with one of our pediatric dentists. Not an answering service, dental assistant or recording. But one of our experienced pediatric dentist specialists. That’s our level of commitment to meeting all of your child’s dental needs.
Beat the Rush – Schedule Now
Regardless of how your child’s school decides to conduct class in the fall, your child’s teeth need careful attention. Schedule your annual ‘new normal’ back-to-school checkup today so you can move into this year’s educational uniqueness with one less worry on your mind.